EPHRATA, Wash. (KOMO) - A fire that destroyed vehicles and outbuildings early Wednesday near the Central Washington town of Ephrata was started by a cat, officials said.
Grant County Fire District 13 officials said the cat somehow sparked the blaze after it climbed up a power pole at about 3:30 a.m. in the 17400 block of Road B NW, just north of Ephrata.
The fire spread to multiple outbuildings, junk vehicles and a camper which were sitting near an abandoned home.
Responding firefighters were able to prevent the blaze from spreading to other nearby residences.
The fate of the cat was not immediately known.