MSG 2 TEENS OFFICIAL RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 14 years to 18 years of age on November 8, 2013, attend a charter, public, or private high school and reside in the WMSN-TV viewing area. Home schooled students are not eligible to enter.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WMSN-TV (the "Station"), Wisconsin Department of Transportation, All State Insurance, Insty Prints, Staples Marketing, and Julia Grace Salon their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
3. Members of SAG and AFTRA or individuals represented by any kind of talent or management agency are not eligible.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish. Entrants may enter as either an individual or as a team. A team may not contain any more than four (4) members and must attend the same school.
(b) To enter, log on to www.fox47.com, download the "MSG 2 TEENS" entry form and either a storyboard or twenty-five (25) second video as further described below. Alternatively, during normal business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30a.m to 5:30p.m.), pick up a MSG 2 TEENS entry and storyboard form from Fox 47 7847 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719. Each entrant AND team member if registering as a team must complete the entry form and send it along with either the individual or team storyboard or optional edited video no longer than twenty five (25) seconds in length. Providing a video rather than a storyboard as part of the entry will not strengthen or weaken the entry or the judge's decision. The storyboard or video must contain a public service message addressing one of the following driving safety topics: speeding, wearing seatbelts, distracted driving, driving under the influence, or cell phone use. Mail the complete entry to 7847 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719. Video entries must be in the form of VHS, DVD, broadcast tape, or Video CD. Electronic video files (ie. .mov, .mpeg, .wma, .avi) will not be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on September 2, 2013 and entries must be postmarked by November 8, 2013 or received at the Station by 5pm CT November 8, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail/entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) All story board entries and edited video entries will be judged by a panel of eight (8) judges comprised of Station personnel, Wisconsin Department of Transportation representatives, and sponsor representatives based on the following criteria: (i) impact of message (50%), (ii) creativity (25%), and (iii) originality (25%). The judges will select up to five (5) finalists based on the criterion set forth above from valid entries on or about November 11, 2013. The decision of the judges shall be final. The Station and judges reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry.
(e) Finalists will be notified by phone on or about November 15, 2013. If a finalist cannot be contacted within 7 days, then the entry with the next highest score, as determined by the judges, may be selected as an alternate finalist. The judges may, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine not to select an alternate finalist and move forward with the lesser number of finalists.
(f) The Station (as directed by the finalists) will produce the finalists' Public Safety Announcements ("PSA") based on the storyboard or video submitted as part of the entry. The production includes up to four (4) hours of shooting time using the Station's camera and sound equipment operated by Station personnel, and up to eight (8) hours of the Station's production staff editing on an AVID non-linear system to complete a broadcast quality twenty five second (:25) Teen Driving Safety PSA. The logos for Wisconsin Department of Transportation and sponsors to be determined will be included in the final production of the PSA.
(g) No royalties, talent fees or compensation will paid to those who appear in the video entry submissions. Any individual appearing in any of the finalists PSA's will be required to sign an appearance release form. Anyone under the age of 18 who appears in any of the finalists PSA's shall require a parent or legal guardian signature to sign such appearance release to appear in the PSA.
(h) The PSA's will be posted for viewing and voting on www.fox47.com by December 16, 2013. Beginning December 16, 2013 and ending January 20 2014, viewers will have the opportunity to vote on the finalists teen driving safety message PSA of their choice at www.fox47.com. One vote per IP address. No other voting mechanism will take place. Facebook Likes of the video finalists are not counted as votes. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalist's votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(i) The finalist with the most votes, as determined by the Station, will be deemed the grand prize winner and announced during prime time programming the week January 20, 2014. The finalists with the next four (4) highest number of votes, as determined by the Station, will be deemed the second, third, fourth and fifth place winners and contacted by phone.
(j) All entries (including storyboards and videos) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including storyboards and videos, become the property of Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(k) All entries must be entrants' original work and should not be/have been submitted to or published or broadcast by any other publication or media company. The public service message may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked material including but not limited to: photograph likenesses of or references to celebrities or known persons alive or dead, recorded music, published works from books, magazines, newspapers, plays, song lyrics, scripts, essays, articles, web site content, or clips from television programs or movies, sports footage, official logos of any organization, existing artwork or graphic design. Entrants cannot use copyrighted music in the PSA; only original or uncopyrighted music. Station may edit the entries to fit the confines of the 25-second pod in order to accommodate the sponsor introduction and ending. The Station reserves the right to edit, crop or alter the PSA without notification to or approval by the entrant.
1. For purposes of this contest, the grant winners will be the schools which the finalists attend as determined by viewer online voting results of the five (5) finalist PSA's. One (1) grand prize winning team or individual will have their twenty-five second PSA air during prime-time programming on Fox 47 the week of January 20, 2014 and will air on the Station between January and August, 2014 on dates and times determined by the Station. The grand prize winning team members entered or individual entrant's school will receive a grant valued at $2,500. Each of the student entrants on the Grand Prize winning team or individual entrant will receive one (1) lap top computer valued at approximately $500 plus tax, (maximum of four (4) lap top computers). One (1) second place prize winning school will receive a grant valued at $1,500, and the second place team or individual entrant PSA will air on the Station between February and May, 2014 on dates and times determined by the Station. One (1) third place prize winning school will receive a grant valued at $1,500, and the third place team or individual entrant PSA will air on the Station between February and May, 2014 on dates and times determined by the Station. The fourth and fifth prize winning teams or individual entrant PSA will air on the Station between February and May, 2014 on dates and times determined by the Station. The value of the broadcasts of the PSA's cannot be determined. All grants must be used by the schools for educational purposes for the benefit of the students.
2. Winners and finalists will be notified by phone. Winners must timely sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. If a grand prize winner is a minor, then the grand prize winner's parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the grand prize winner receives his or her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Winners and winning schools will be contacted by the Station the week of January 20, 2014. If a winner cannot be contacted within 7 days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days, then the winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion, will be selected as an alternate winner.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for any taxes related to the prize based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winners should consult their tax consultants regarding any tax questions. A representative from the winning school must complete a W9 form in order to process the grant checks.
6. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Wisconsin Department of Transportation, All State Insurance, Insty Prints, Staples Marketing, and Julia Grace Salon are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours 7847 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719 or fox47.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to MSG 2 TEENS 7847 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719 by February 28, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Wisconsin Department of Transportation, All State Insurance, Insty Prints, Staples Marketing, and Julia Grace Salon accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Tonight on FOX 47
5:00pm Two and a Half Men
5:30pm Big Bang Theory
6:00pm Modern Family
6:30pm Big Bang Theory
9:00pm FOX 47 News at 9
9:35pm Modern Family
10:05pm Two and a Half Men
10:35pm Everybody Loves Raymond
11:05pm The Arsenio Hall Show