WMSN / MSG 2 TEENS 2020
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: WMSN / MSG 2 Teens 2020
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WMSN
Station Address: WMSN, 7847 Big Sky Drive, Madison, WI 53719
Contest Area: Wisconsin Counties: Juneau, Marquette, Rock, Green, Lafayette, Grant, Richland, Sauk, Columbia, Dane, and Iowa
Age of Eligibility: Entrants must be age fourteen (14) to eighteen (18) as of August 31, 2020 and currently enrolled in a charter, public or private school within the Contest Area. Entrants may enter individually or as a team of no more than four (4) participants who attend the same school.
Sponsor(s): Wisconsin Department of Transportation, University of Wisconsin Madison Police Department, Bergstrom Chevrolet, AAA of Wisconsin
Prize Provider(s): Wisconsin Department of Transportation, WMSN
Contest Period: August 31, 2020 to January 20, 2021
Entries Due: 5:00 PM CT on November 6, 2020
The number of entries by qualified participants is unlimited.
Video Topic: The Public Service Announcement video must address one (1) of the following driving safety topics: speeding, wearing seatbelts, distracted driving, driving under the influence, texting and driving or cell phone use while driving.
Judging Criteria: Impact of Message (40%); Creativity (30%); and Originality (30%)
Finalist Selection Date: November 11, 2020
Voting Period: 8:00 AM CT on December 21, 2020 to 12:00 PM CT on January 20, 2021
Winner Determination Date: January 20, 2021
Number of Winners on each Winner Determination Date: Five (5) Teams, with a max number of four (4) participants, will be ranked first, second, third, fourth and fifth place based upon the highest number of votes received. Prizes will be awarded to an individual entrant or a team of no more than four (4) participants who attend the same school.
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Five (5) teams, with a max number of four (4) participants per team. Between 5 - 20 winners.
Prizes and Values: Prizes will be awarded to the winning individual or to each member of the respective winning team as described below:
First Place Prize: One (1) First Place Prize includes: (i) the airing of the First Place Winner's PSA during prime-time programming on Fox 47 the week of January 25, 2021, and on various dates and times between January 2021 and May 2021 as determined by the Station; (ii) a grant valued at One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.) will be awarded to the First Place Winner's school; and (iii) each winning individual or member of team, maximum of four (4), will receive Five Hundred Dollars ($500.) cash. Total Prize Value of each team member’s or individual entrant’s First Place Prize is $500. / School Grant is $1,500.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Second Place Prize includes: (i) the airing of the Second Place Winner's PSA on various dates and times between January 2021 and May 2021 as determined by the Station; (ii) a grant valued at One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.) will be awarded to the Second Place Winner's school; and (iii) each winning individual or member of team maximum of four (4) will receive Four Hundred Dollars ($400.) cash. Total Prize Value of each team member’s or individual entrant’s Second Place Prize is $400. / School Grant is $1,500.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Third Place Prize includes: (i) the airing of the Third Place Winner's PSA on various dates and times between January 2021 and May 2021 as determined by the Station; (ii) a grant valued at One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.) will be awarded to the Third Place Winner's school; and (iii) each winning individual or member of team maximum of four (4) will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300.) cash. Total Prize Value of each team member’s or individual entrant’s Third Place Prize is $300. / School Grant is $1,500.
Fourth Place Prize: One (1) Fourth Place Prize includes: (i) the airing of the Fourth Place Winner's PSA on various dates and times between January 2021 and May 2021 as determined by the Station; and (ii) each winning individual or member of team maximum of four (4) will receive Two Hundred Dollars ($200.) cash. Total Prize Value of each team member’s or individual entrant’s Fourth Place Prize is $200.
Fifth Place Prize: One (1) Fifth Place Prize includes: (i) the airing of the Fifth Place Winner's PSA on various dates and times between January 2021 and May 2021 as determined by the Station; (ii) each winning individual or member of team maximum of four (4) will receive One Hundred Dollars ($100.) cash. Total Prize Value of each team member’s or individual entrant’s Fifth Place Prize is $100.
Station’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/foxmadison
Station’s Website: www.fox47.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://fox47.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and are currently enrolled in a charter, public or private school within the Contest Area. Participants may enter individually or in a team of no more than four (4) members. All members of a team must attend the same school. Members of SAG and AFTRA or individuals represented by any kind of talent or management agency are not eligible.
2. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
3. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter and Win
1. To enter, log on to the Station’s Website and download the WMSN MSG 2 Teen 2020 Entry/Release form and Appearance Release Form (hereinafter “Entry Materials”).
2. Entrants will be required to create a video or submit an outline, storyboard, script containing a public service announcement addressing one (1) of the topics outlined in the Video Topic. Video entries must be no longer than :25 seconds in length and be in the form of DVD, broadcast tape, Video CD, flash drive or electronic video file (i.e., .mov, .mpeg, .wma, .avi, .mxf, mp4 ).
3. Via mail to the Station’s address, submit (i) the video and (ii) the completed Entry Materials for entrant and any persons other than the entrant who appeared in or contributed to the production of video. Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) who enters or appears in any video shall require the signature of a parent or legal guardian on the requisite Entry Materials. Alternatively, entrants may email the video OR STORYBOARD along with completed signed Entry Materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. No royalties, talent fees or compensation will be paid to those who appear in the video entry submissions. Station reserves the right to cancel this contest in the event that the Station does not receive sufficient entries for judging.
5. On the Finalist Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Finalists with the highest scores based on the Judging Criteria. Finalists will be notified by phone on or about November 11, 2020. If a finalist cannot be contacted within five (5) days, then the entry with the next highest score, as determined by the judges, may be selected as an alternate finalist. The judges may, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine not to select an alternate finalist and move forward with the lesser number of finalists.
6. During the Voting Period, viewers will be asked to vote online on the Station’s website for their favorite PSA video. Voting is unlimited. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes.
7. The Number of Winners on the Winner Determination Date will be determined by the Station based on the PSA video with the most valid votes. Winners will be ranked First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth based upon the highest number of votes received.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. All entries must be entrants’ original work and should not be/have been submitted to, published or broadcast by any other publication or media company. The public service announcement may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked material including but not limited to: photograph likenesses of or references to celebrities or known persons alive or dead, recorded music, published works from books, magazines, newspapers, plays, song lyrics, scripts, essays, articles, web site content, or clips from television programs or movies, sports footage, official logos of any organization, existing artwork or graphic design. Entrants cannot use copyrighted music in the PSA; only original or uncopyrighted music. The public service announcement may not portray anyone using or pretending to use illicit substances or anyone under the age of 21 drinking or pretending to drink alcohol. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive public service announcements (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
3. Station may edit the entries to fit the confines of the twenty-five (25) pod in order to accommodate the sponsor introduction and ending. The Station reserves the right to edit, crop or alter the PSA without notification to or approval by the entrant.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction or human error relating to the Contest.
5. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalist’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid or duplicate, and may disqualify any such votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
6. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
7. The First Place Winner will be announced during prime time programming the week of January 25, 2021. All winners will be contacted by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station. Each winner (or if a minor, the parent or legal guardian of minor) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received on or before the time the winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner (or if a minor, the parent or legal guardian of minor) must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
8. If a winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
9. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
10. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
12. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
13. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
14. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
15. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.