Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibility
MENU

2 taken to hospital following kitchen fire at Madison apartment complex

kitchen-fire-1024x576.jpg
kitchen-fire-1024x576.jpg

MADISON, Wis. — Two Madison residents were taken to a hospital following a small kitchen fire on the north side Friday morning.

Firefighters were dispatched to an apartment complex on the 2400 block of Monterrey Drive at around 9:10 a.m. after reports of smoke that was seen coming from one of the units. The crew entered the unit and found smoke and small flames on the kitchen’s stovetop.

An incident report said the kitchen fire was quickly extinguished, with officials saying the stovetop produced more heat and smoke than actual fire. As such, the incident did not cause any property damage.

One person was taken to a hospital to be evaluated for possible injuries, though no one else was in the unit at the time of the fire. Another occupant in the building was also brought to a hospital after they reported having a medical emergency while firefighters were still at the scene.

No other injuries or illnesses were reported. Officials said everyone was safely evacuated, and no one was displaced.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER